Cancer describes a group of diseases characterized by abnormal growth of cells. The cells that grow out of control are termed as tumors. These maybe benign or malignant type of tumor and malignant tumors are potent to invade and spread cancer in other part of the body. Use of tobacco, obesity, excessive alcohol consumption, exposure to radiations or chemicals, lack of physical activity may lead to the onset of cancer. The cancerous cells show the properties of metastasis, escape programmed cell-death, loss of contact inhibition, unlimited cell divisions among others, which are detected using biopsy and other.
The most common types of cancer are:
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
Cancer is treated with surgery, radiation therapy, targeted therapy and chemotherapy.
- Chemotherapy involves the use of a combination of cytotoxic chemotherapeutic agents in a specified regimen. Its efficacy depends on the type of the cancer and its stage. It is widely in use in the treatment of osteogenic sarcoma, testicular cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer and lung cancer as well.
- Targeted Therapy is a type of chemotherapy that is targeted to act on specific molecular differences between cancer and normal cells. This therapy is widely utilized in the management of breast cancer, lymphoma, melanoma and prostate cancer.
- Radiation therapy utilizes ionizing radiation to cure the cancer. It damages the genetic material of the cancerous tissue, thus kills it.
- Surgery is the primary therapy involved in the treatment of benign, isolated, and solid cancers.
- Other important therapies involved in the management of cancer include immunotherapy, alternative medicine therapy, and palliative care. The patient is prepared with other drugs prior to the treatment procedure. Patient has to be informed about the condition and the efficacy of the treatment and the management of the disease.
India has some of the best-known cancer treatments in the world. Top oncology surgeons in India assess the condition effectively and suggest best management options and increase the life-expectancy of the patient. The advanced medical technologies and effective treatment methods in India are as good as any other countries in the world. The cancer treatment employed in the country uses the most sophisticated equipment and surgery techniques, and effective post-treatment care, thus is among the finest in the world. The low-cost treatment options offered in India are most sought and the medical tourism hub is spread across the country. The best of the treatment can be delved within the country and a lot of Indian doctors have achieved greatest milestones in the field of oncology.
Foreign patients can also obtain low cost cancer treatment in India with all the facilities covered. Right from the arrangement of medical visa to the patient and family to accommodation and post-treatment care, everything is taken care by the medical tourism organizations. With the best oncology surgeons in India, one can be rest assured about good recovery from cancer and improve the quality of life. These surgeons have gathered years of experience in treating cancer and also are recognized for their excellence in treatment around the world.